Today I’m going to dole out a little tough love, so brace yourself and know that this is for your own good.
It’s time that we had an uncomfortable little talk about a very important issue…
That junk food in your house.
You know the stuff that I’m talking about. The ice cream jammed into the back of your freezer. The packaged cookies that you say are for the kid’s lunches. The candy stash that’s leftover from the last few holidays. Those bags of crunchy, and salty snacks in your pantry. The bottles of soda that you know you shouldn’t drink. And the list goes on…
Here’s the bottom line: If you eat junk food then you’ll get fat. Junk = Fat.
Now I know that you have justified the presence of junk food in your house, so let’s walk through these justifications and I’ll shine some truth on it for you.
1) It’s For The Kids: This is the oldest excuse in the book when it comes to keeping junk food in the house. It’s flawed for many reasons, namely because you know you eat some of it. When junk is in the house you are bound to eat some of it at times. And your kids should NOT be eating junk food on a regular basis, such as in their lunches. It’s not good for them and it’s not good for you.
2) I Didn’t Buy It: Oh, I didn’t buy it. My in-laws, friend, sister, kids, spouse bought that. OK, it’s still in your house. I understand why you may be hesitant to throw out food that someone else gave you, but look at the big picture. By throwing junk out of your house you are protecting your health and the healthy of everyone who lives under your roof. That’s huge!
3) A Little Bit Won’t Hurt: When you keep junk food in the house you’re fooling yourself if you think that you will only a little bit of it. The contents of your kitchen become the things that you habitually eat. If there’s junk in the house then you habitually are eating it, and a little bit of junk every day adds up to a LOT of junk over a week or month. And you wonder why you haven’t lost the weight yet…
4) It’s My Favorite: I understand that there may be junk foods that you’ve become so used to eating that it’s hard to imagine going a day or more without it. In this case, you really need to cut the junk out in order to achieve your ideal health and fitness level. Birthdays, holidays, and special occasions are the time to have a taste of your old favorite junk. And after you’ve stopped eating it daily you may find that it doesn’t even taste as good as you remember.
5) Life’s Too Short: YOLO, right? (You Only Live Once) If this is your excuse for having junk food in the house, then I’ve got a new one for you. YOLO, so why not live that life in a healthy, fit, attractive body that’s full of energy, free from aches and pains and looks amazing?! Being fit and healthy is so much more rewarding that eating a favored junk food every day. Nothing tastes as good as fit and healthy feels.
Now it’s time for you to take action. All you need is a big black trash bag and the determination to be fit and healthy. Grab that bag, march into your kitchen and start pitching the junk.
Look for anything in a package that contains processed sugar, grains and high amounts of sodium. Go get ‘em!
Wheeew! Didn’t that feel great? Your kitchen is now wholesome and healthy, and your body will be too.
Eating a healthy diet, free from junk, is one side of the equation when it comes to getting into amazing shape. The other side is consistent, challenging exercise.
I’m here to take care of the exercise in your life. All you have to do is show up when I tell you and then give it your all for that short amount of time. Easy enough, right?
This small investment of time and energy truly will transform your body and your life.
If you need help with a proper meal plan, we have them HERE
May the SHRED be with you,