The Spinach & Egg White Wrap is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s ready in a flash, tastes amazing, and is filled with lean protein, veggies and whole sprouted grains. Try it today, but don’t be surprised if you get hooked! Servings: 2
Here’s what you need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup egg whites
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 sprouted grain tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons pesto (purchase it pre-made, or combine 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 cups basil leaves, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.)
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each tortilla and set aside.
- In medium sized skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden. Add the tomato and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it is soft and wilted. Remove the veggies from skillet, set aside in a bowl.
- Pour the egg whites into the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg is no longer runny.
- Arrange half of the egg whites in a line down the center of each tortilla. Top with half of the veggies and then fold the ends up and wrap like a burrito.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 288 calories, 10g fat, 28g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 21g protein.